• 0
Slacking...
Well, I have been neglecting things lately haven't I? I would like to keep things ticking along here but I don't seem to make time for the blog anymore. I will try harder in November, I promise. Meanwhile, most of my internet use has been taken up by Facebook which is an almighty waste of time, but fun as well.
I haven't been to many shows, the Sonic Youth gig is mentioned below. I also attended the Clientele's album launch in Cargo in October, despite having heard the album in full in May. As they are one of my favourite bands of the last decade, its surprising for me that it was only the second time I had seen them play. It was a good show, a decent mix of old and new, and some less obvious choices of material, and one truly great guitar wig-out.
I also saw Von Sudenfed, hugely impressive at Heaven, Mark E Smith in great form and reinforcing what a fine set of tunes they have on their album.
It seems that I have mostly been going to see old faves and maybe that's why I haven't felt the need to write about them. Just to round the month off, I saw Patti Smith in Cambridge, and she was also in top form, enraptured by the day she had spent looking around the university and meeting local people.
That's about it really, if you want to know what I'm listening to go to my last.fm page.

No comments:

Post a Comment