So it's going to be Antony's Meltdown this year

  • 0
By now you have probably heard the announcement that Antony Hegarty, of Antony and the Johnsons, has been chosen to curate this year's Meltdown festival at the South Bank between 1st - 12th August. People who live in London will recoil at the fact that it clashes with the end of the Olympics. No acts have been announced but Antony has been quoted
I want to create a kind of paradise. I want to walk through that forest and hear that hardcore beauty and strength in art and music that makes sense to me. The weather is changing and everybody knows it. I want to participate. What is my relationship and responsibility to the world around me? Frontier expressions of emotion and beauty can be fantastic tools with which to enter that discussion
I hope he can throw a few surprises in the mix. He has played Meltdown before, with his band as part of Patti Smith's Meltdown in 2005, and as a guest of Yoko Ono Plastic Band in 2009.

I was there for that hit and miss gig, but the Antony guest spot was impressive. Here's a bit of Toy Boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment