festival preview: I'll Be Your Mirror, curated by Mogwai and ATP

  • 0

With less than two weeks to go to ATP's I'll Be Your Mirror at Alexandra Palace in London I thought I would do a bit of homework on the line-up. The organisers have had a bit of a nightmare with this one, as the original Sunday headliners Guided By Voices pulled out shortly after the festival was announced, and band-of-the-moment Death Grips have recently cancelled all of the upcoming dates due to recording commitments. Those disappointments aside, the festival still has a tremendous amount to offer. It's a novelty for me to have an ATP that I don't have to stay at, so I'm not sure how that will change things, but I know there is still plenty to see here.
For this round-up, I plundered our archives for some old interviews with some of the bands, all from our fanzine days, mostly dating between from 1996-1998.

Chavez
Mogwai
Archers of Loaf
The Make-Up


As well as the return of those older bands, there is plenty of new music on the bill. I've made my own Spotify playlist, which is pretty heavy for the first section, but once you get past Harvey Milk you can start to relax. I suspect the same might be true of the weekend itself....



I'll Be Your Mirror, London runs from May 25th-27th at Alexandra Palace in north London. All other info can be found on their official site

No comments:

Post a Comment