• 0
Hello 2012: A tentative plan
I'm going to make myself busy. I almost hate to say it in public, but I actually think that I could do a post every day this year. I have a ton of new music to wade through and I will be continuing to write for the 405 and The Huffington Post, but I have some archive material to deal with as well.
Due to a slight flicker of interest from a a few people, I will be putting the majority of my old fanzine The Weedbus online in the form of scanned PDFs. There are 13 printed issues and a final 14th one that never got as far as the friendly neighbourhood copy-shop. As the first five issues really see us just learning as we go, I'm not going to share all of that content, and anyway, issues 1 and 2 are no longer in my possession! So the plan is to combine issues 1-5 as a single PDF release, whilst the other later, stronger, issues will have a PDF to themselves. The new development with this is that the PDF releases will be accompanied by some sort of audio companion which will feature rare tracks (largely from the period 1993-98) and, where technically possible, some audio from a major interview in each issue. These will come out at the rate of one a month in 2012 and will run up until October I reckon.
I can tell you now that the audio files will definitely feature myself talking with Martin Carr from the Boo Radleys, Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth, Will Oldham, Michael Gira of Swans and the late Vic Chesnutt, as well as a few others. Coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment