• 0
Better late than....
Yes, I know I have been away from a computer since before the ATP vs the Fans festival nearly ten days ago. A million other people have written their comments all over the net so I'm well behind the party here. Whatever, my 'report' and pics will appear late this evening. In brief
Highlights....
Shellac both times, especially 'The End of Radio' and their masterclass in dealing with that heckler
Les Savy Fav, for the music and especially the costumes from the toy shop!
Cornelius, just a wonderful audio and visual experience
Band of Horses UK debut!
The Apples in Stereo - pop!
Wilco's sweet triple guitar action
Slint if you got close enough and forgot about the broad daylight
Why? and the closing moments of Edan
choosing not to watch the FA cup final!
meeting lots of great people
Trapped in the Closet on ATP TV
laughing myself silly at Freaks and Geeks on ATP TV
meeting Todd Trainer, Steve Albini and saying hi to Patti Smith
Modest Mouse! maybe I could get into them after all

Lows (not many)
missing Grizzly Bear on the beach
the queue for Battles (the only significant queue I saw in fairness) meant I missed them
people laughing at Daniel Johnson
Yo La Tengo failing to really get to grips with the big venue
Cripple Cock cider (it does exactly... etc)
being too weary for the beach on Saturday, the capacity crowd in Crazy Horse wore me out

No comments:

Post a Comment