• 1
PHOTOBLOG no.2 Ove-naxx, Lavery's Bunker, Belfast 5th March 2006

Part of a five-strong Japanese onslaught last night at the Bunker. If I hadn't been wearing heavy duty earplugs I wouldn' have been able to get close enough for this picture! I'm claiming this is Ove-naxx though the final procession of performers was so full-on I may have lost track slightly. Anyway, it is one of the few good photos I've taken at a gig, so here it is.
The gig was interesting though I had only gone along to see Numbers. Clone Quartet were on first with a slightly different line-up than their BelFest show but were equally as good. Numbers were a lot different than the material I had heard (namely the 'Life' album), there were a lot less rowdy as well, but still really impressive. Coming from a similar place to Deerhoof which is fine by me.
I wasn't sure whether or not to stay for DJ Scotch Egg and crew but they were so entertaining I couldn't fail to be impressed. Earsplittingly loud and brilliantly annoying, I wish there were more people who were willing to go out on a limb like this.
(PS If that isn't Ove-naxx in the pic please comment and correct me! Ta)

1 comment:

  1. that is indeed ove-naxx.
    a true noise fiend if ever there was one.

    ps: scotch egg will be back next month supporting lightning bolt!

    ReplyDelete