• 0
REVIEW: Delays
Belfast Limelight 5th November

Highly appropriate band name for this site, and also highly appropriate that I haven't bothered to write about until Tuesday night when I saw them last Friday in Belfast. That's not to say that they were bad, in fact it's the opposite, I really enjoyed their set. I outgrew melodic indie-pop many years ago, but Delays have so many strong songs and so much energy on stage that I can't help but like them. I first investigated their album 'Faded Seaside Glamour' in early summer and it just fitted perfectly with that time of year. For every bit of it that sounds like Crowded House there's another bit that is hugely in debt to the Cocteau Twins, and that guy's voice is impressive too. The new songs which they preview tonight are as good as anything on their debut album, so reckon they're going to be a force to be reckoned with next year.
A spooky coincidence is happening as I type - iTunes plays 'The Loom' by Bark Psychosis, and I remember Graham Sutton from that band produced Delays album. In fact I think that's the reason I checked them out in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment