• 0
(At least) Two great things
1. Patti Smith and her band play the Elmwood Hall in Belfast on Friday night. As the only time I've ever seen her with the band was one of my favourite gigs ever (read my review!) I'm looking forward to this. I'm aware that it can't get any better, but I am hoping for 'Birdland' this time!
2. We are going to Benicassim! The line up is great again this year, and the two essential acts for me are Kraftwerk and Morrissey, mainly because I have always wanted to see both of them live and I've never managed it. It's quite odd to go to a festival and actually WANT to see the headliners for a change, the last few Readings I attended were spent avoiding the main stage entirely. Eight days to go and counting.

A quick word about updates. Expect an overhaul after Benicassim. It's been very quiet here over the last few weeks and there has been little to post. Having said that, I did travel to Portaferry to see Torgas Valley Reds play an open air show as part of the town's gala festival. They were good as ever, despite playing to a very mixed crowd (!), and they even dusted off 'Shady' from the Backwater days. The only other interesting thing to report is the Kill Harmonic night upstairs at White's Tavern in Belfast city centre, it has the usual mix of soul, indie and classics and retro decor you couldn't possibly have planned. I've been there the last couple of Fridays and it's certainly catching on.

Finally, my archive Bark Psychosis interview is now online. They have a new album out y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment